Although it is nice to know someone is reading (especially if you didn't give birth to me and do not feel a strong sense of guilt drawing you here to read day after day after day. . .), the truth is, I would still blog even if y'all didn't come back here. I'm relatively new to this bloggy thing, but I've learned a few things since July (like how to hyperlink--you can SO teach a blonde new tricks!). The last few days have made me quite introspective regarding the time I spend on here. I asked myself why I blog. What am I getting out of this? Here are a few of my answers. . .
I blog because. . .
- I personally think my kids are awesome and amazing and know you will too if you hear enough about them! : ) Honestly, sometimes my blog reminds me of the worst Christmas letter you've ever received. I won't lie to you. I will be honest. If my big achievement as a mom is that I always, um, ALLWAYS (as Kyler says) feed my children, then, by all means, that's what I'll say. How many Christmas letters admit that?
- I like to hear myself talk--er--type?
- as awesome and amazing as my kids are, they sometimes drive me up the walls. Sometimes, I just need to vent and step back and try to be objective.
- I love to hear a good story. I have become addicted to so many of your blogs! I absolutely love to read what everyone is writing about in this thing we call life. I guess part of me feels I have to participate in my own way in order to read everyone else's.
- sometimes my life gets really lonely with a husband so far away. . .and sometimes I just need to hear another voice out there. . .especially if you're going through anything remotely similar.
- I believe strongly in the need to laugh. When we lose our ability to laugh at a situation, we lose. I want to laugh. . .and if i have to laugh at myself to do that, I will. Just laugh with me, ok?
- whether or not you think what I have to say is important, we all have a voice. God has called me to help other people find theirs. This is my attempt to find my own.
Lori, Amy, thank you. You're both amazing women, and I am truly honored by your gifts.
I have absolutely no idea who to award this to, so I'm going to name 4 people who truly inspire me.
And to all who read this, thank you. Your kind words always make my day!